| 4 comments ]

[The following guest post was submitted by bloggernacle regular, Miranda Park-Jones. Enjoy!]

David King Landrith might think he knows a lot about philosophy and law and all this high-brow nonsense, and he might like to pretend he is sympathetic to women's rights since he is married to a woman and has daughters. But, no matter how much he pretends to know what a woman thinks, he just doesn't! I am a woman and while he may think he is close to his daughters, he will never have the same mother-daughter connection my daughter Emily and I enjoy, because I am a woman and her mother! Issues surrounding gender inequality are always hot topics for me, so when some man comes along acting like he knows what a woman thinks and feels, it just boils my blood. Not to mention the way he throws around profanity, just like a cave man! Ugh, the swine. I bet he spends more time playing X-Box with his friends, who are smokers, than he does with his wife and daughters! He probably also thinks that snacks are appropriate for pre-schoolers and elementary school kids! Like childhood obesity isn't an issue in America! Oh, it makes me so angry! These insensitive men who think they know what it is like to be a woman! And have DKL post at fMh?!?! That is ridiculous! Something only a guy would suggest, grrrrrr.

I’m finished with DKL and his comments. The almost complete absence of gender sensitivity and the gratuitous profanity are more than I will abide, and I refuse to continue associating with someone who rejects my gender essence. The longer I read his posts, the less I see anything besides a person preening himself with pedantry. I’m now convinced that DKL is a blogger who glibly eschews basic LDS values in order to sound candid, interesting, or sophisticated. I’ve tried to pretend like none of this matters, but it does.

Miranda Park-Jones

4 comments

Anonymous said... @ March 6, 2006 at 8:40 AM

There, there, Miranda sweetie.

When I get home from my night shift at the toilet paper factory, I'll give you some lovin' that'll take your mind off that DKL.

Anonymous said... @ March 6, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Not if you stop off at your friends place and play XBox on your way home!

MPJ

Guy Murray said... @ March 6, 2006 at 2:06 PM

c'mon Snark . . who better than DKL to guest post at fMh? Besides how do we know he hasn't already? ;-)

Response to Jodi Stoddard said... @ March 7, 2006 at 6:41 AM

Hey, don't yell at me, its Miranda who is opposed to it. Personally, I think Dastardly Dave and the Mrs should head on over to fMh and set up shop. I mean, come on, how could things get any wackier over there?

Post a Comment