| 3 comments ]

Its not surprising that you find Big Egos in the 'Nacle. Some 'Nacleites believe the world revolves around their commentary and their words are read at the highest levels of 50 E. North Temple in Salt Lake City.

Then there are those who are sure every knock at the door and ring of the telephone is an LDS Jack Bauer coming to take them down for their forays into the wonderful world of blogging.

Well, in yet another splendid example of musical parody, we've come up with a new theme song for the 'Nacle's Tin Foil Hat Brigade. So, sing along to the Rockwell tune of "Somebody's Watching Me":

I run a boring blog, I live a boring life
I blog the whole day through, hey pal, I pay the price.
All I want is to rant in peace, vent my average spleen
But why do I always feel
Like I’m in the Foyer Scene? And…

[chorus]
I always feel like somebody’s monitoring me
Working for Mitt Romney, whoa-oa-oa
I always feel like somebody’s watching me
Tell me, is it just fantasy?

When I come blog at night
I close the firewall real tight
People comment especially those I’m trying to avoid
Do the people at Church HQ read me, or am I just paranoid?
(author’s note – linked to “Whistleblower” comment #17637. Snarking would be so much easier if the FMH links worked properly)
When I surf the ‘Nacle, I’m afraid to let down my hair
Cause I might open my eyes and find Mulling & Musing commenting there!
People say I’m paranoid, just a little touch
But maybe the Church CIO’s blog has got me spooked too much.

Who's monitoring me?
I don't know anymore!
Is Mitt Romney watching me?
Who's watching?
Are the Snarkers watching me?
Who’s watching?
Are the ‘Nacle Admins watching me?
Tell me who's watching?
And I don't feel intellectually free anymore, oh what a mess!
I wonder who's watching me now?
Who, the CES?!
[Chorus to end]

3 comments

Rev. Dazzle said... @ January 28, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Awwwwwwyeah!

Anonymous said... @ January 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Amen. The bizarre Mitt Romney is pure evil meme in the 'Nacle is only outshone by its Harry Reid as Bodhisattva fetish.

Response to Jodi Stoddard said... @ January 28, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Oh, snap.

Post a Comment