| 0 comments ]

Since all of the other blogs on the Bloggernacle are doing it, and doing it, and doing it, and doing it, we have to as well. We hate to be left out. I mean, we would not want to be considered unhip and not all down with the Mormon arts and culture scene, you know? Who wants to be a Mormon Philistine? Not I. So, that is why Snarkimus Prime dons the red beret, glues on the fake goatee, and gets all bohemian.

So this Richard Deutsch guy was apparently pretty influential in the Mormon film and arts scene, and I can totally see why. I mean, being an assistant to the director and all, and playing a drunk kid is pretty...well... impressive... I guess. I mean... it isnt like there are a lot of Mormons who are assistants to the director and playing drunks, you know, so that was being drunk thing was probably a real cinematic stretch for him, since he doesn't drink, right? And getting coffee for the director is tough when you don't even drink it yourself, I mean, yeah, it is pretty hard to get "Light and Sweet" right when you don't even know what that means, and don't even start on that whole "Grande Mocha Latte" thing, which is pretty much Greek for a Mormon, ya know? And his sculpture is pretty cool too. But, it is pretty clear to me that his real talent is in web design, I mean, his homepage is awesome. It is so well done I would ask him to redo the SnarkerNacle LTD blog here if he hadn't just left the Mormon church (since he won't be giving Mormon discounts anymore). Oh well, our loss.

And, so, the worldly world swallows another gifted craftsman whole and plunges them down into yet another sordid remake of The Prodigal Son video.

0 comments

Post a Comment