File under: Coat-tail riding
BCC has opened a six pack of beat-downs on T&S' wannabe academicians by hosting an all-star panel of big time experts on Mormonishness. One of the permabores, beaten to a pulp, has raised the white flag of surrender. (Nice Try, Julie with this one, but too bad the topic doesn't really have anything to do with Mormonism and nobody has heard of her before. Sorry, doesn't help bolster T&S' academic cred).
Now that T&S has conceded defeat with a lame poach, lets play "Four of these things belong together, one of these things is not the same":
- * Claudia L. Bushman, Professor of American Studies, Columbia University. Author of the recently released, Contemporary Mormonism: Latter-day Saints in Modern America.
* Armand L. Mauss, Professor Emeritus of Sociology, Washington State University. Author of The Angel and the Beehive: The Mormon Struggle with Assimilation.
* Gregory Prince, DDS PhD, President and CEO of a Maryland Biotech firm. Co-author of the recent David O. McKay and the Rise of Modern Mormonism.
* Jan Shipps, Professor Emeritus of History and Religious Studies, IUPUI. President of the American Society of Church History. Author of Sojourner in the Promised Land: Forty Years Among the Mormons
* Jonathan Stapley, PhD [in what? Food Chemistry, or something like that?], CTO of a Washington based start-up [relevance?]. Aspiring researcher of Mormon history [is that what they call it?].