| 4 comments ]

DKL, in his usual self-effacing manner, wants to point out what a great thing Mormon Matters is. Natch, he is part of the "celebrity panel" for this edition, so while it might have always been a great thing this is the first time he plugs it. Coincidence?

To boil it down, Mormon Matters is John Dehlin, Blogcaster Extraordinaire, interviewing Bloggernacle regulars on current Mormon topics. Yes, that is right. You can not only read the ruminations of Bloggernacle regulars, you can also hear them ruminate. Wow. Can I tell you how long I have been wanting to hear DKL's voice? But, wait, no, it is hip, because it is a podcast!!! So that makes it better how?

The whole point of blogging is readers can weigh into the discussion. This Mormon Matters podcast thing takes it back to old-school broadcast and makes it impossible for listeners to participate. May as well be listening to the radio in your car as far as participatory discussion goes.

So, in other words, Mormon Matters is a Bloggernacle vanity project where Nacle regulars get to hear the sound of their own voice on their computer, which is music to their own ears. Right, DKL?

4 comments

Anonymous said... @ July 23, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I think you should create a podcast, Snarker. It would be really fun. I don't own an i-pod, but if you made a podcast, I'd listen. You could link to the podcast and let listeners comment on your blog. I'd comment.

Anonymous said... @ July 24, 2007 at 6:06 AM

I hate the real sound of my voice. The way I hear it, it's much deeper and cooler. But when I listen to a recording, it simply sounds nasal and obnoxious to me. I hate listening to recordings of myself or watching home videos for this reason.

tracy m said... @ July 24, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Snarkie do a podcast a year or so ago?? And if I recall correctly, it was pretty darn funny. But then the Terrorists have my brain, so I could be misremembering...

Response to Jodi Stoddard said... @ July 25, 2007 at 4:36 AM

That was Shiz and Dazz who did the podcast, none of Snarkers proper participated directly.

Post a Comment